Campaign fund thieves will not occupy any posts in Anambra APC — Ngige

Posted by Pamela Eboh, Awka | 13 May 2018 | 1,049 times

Gmail icon

•Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, has announced that members of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Anambra State who are guilty of stealing campaign funds would be barred from occupying any position in the party.

Addressing party faithful in the state during a stakeholders meeting weekend, Ngige who is the leader of the party in the state said the party agreed that officials of the party in the ward who still have interest in retaining their position could be retained while those without any interest or gunning for a higher position could be replaced.

On the issue of ward congress which had earlier caused chaos that led to gunshots being fired with Ngige being whisked away from the party’s stakeholders meeting last weekend, the Minister said the party was using the party’s guideline for the exercise.

“We had little issues, but all these have been settled. We do not have trouble here and we are here to further the cause of the party.

“What we agreed was that those identified as having taken away election money would have to step aside,” Ngige stated.

So far, the local government congress of the party held on Saturday was done by affirmation,

Officials of some local government areas who spoke to journalists said that they simply returned the previous officials, and were waiting for the congress committee to ratify their positions.

However, the party’s secretariat was devoid of activities.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...