Posted by Ifeoma Okafor, Awka | 15 March 2018 | 1,684 times
The Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Garba Umar, on Wednesday disclosed that men of the Nigerian Police Force have taken the search for the perpetrators of the August 6, 2017 massacre at St. Philips Catholic Church in Ozubulu.
He made the disclosure when some widows from Ozubulu carried a protest to his office in Amawbia, Awka South Local Government Area of the state, asking for justice over the killings that took place in the community last year.
Addressing the women, the CP said the Federal government was working with the police in South African government to ensure justice was done.
While warning that the Command was prepared for anybody that would want to ferment trouble in the area, he said the witness in the case must be protected.
According to the CP, the Command is determined to ensure lives and property of people living in that area is protected adding that the police will go after anybody fingered in the case, no matter the person’s status.
His urged the people to go about their normal business, saying: “The police is on top of the situation. We must go after anyone involved in this case, no matter how connected the person is.”
Speaking on behalf of the women, Mrs. Nonye Onwuzulike said that witnesses in the case are being threatened by faceless people across the globe.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.