Posted by News Express | 10 January 2018 | 2,139 times
The Trade unions-dominated Committee on the disbursement of the third tranche of Paris Club Refund to Abia State concluded its work on Tuesday and shared the funds as follows:
Salaries and Pensions: N3.2b
Infrastructure projects: N2.5b
Total Received: N5.7b
The portion allocated to settlement of outstanding salaries and pensions was distributed as follows:
1. State Pension: 2 months, N820,000,000
2. LG Pension: 1 month, N359,000,000
3. HMB: 2 months, N120,300,000
4. ASUBEB: 2 months, N39,100,000
5. SEMB: 2 months, N798,000,000
6. ABSU: 2 months, N200,000,000
7. ABSUTH: 2 months, N200,000,000
8. Abia Poly: 2 months, N180,000,000
9. Arochukwu Tech: 2 months, N40,000,000
10. COHTEC: 3 months, N30,000,000
11. Primary Sch: 1 month, N650,000,000
Total disbursed for payment of salaries and pensions: N3.4b
A government statement explained that the payments are less PAYE (Pay As You Earn) tax and that the total is above N3.2b provided for salaries and pensions.
“However, Governor Okezie Ikpeazu approved that these payments commence immediately while the shortfall will be augmented on receipt of this month’s FAAC Allocation,” the statement issued on Wednesday morning in the state capital Umuahia said.
According to the Commissioner for Finance, Mr Obinna Oriaku, and the Chairman of Nigeria Labour Congress in Abia State, Comrade Uchenna Obigwe, affected workers should start receiving payment alerts from Friday, January 12.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.