Posted by News Express | 31 October 2017 | 1,193 times
The Ikotun branch of Access Bank in Lagos was on Tuesday afternoon gutted by fire. The fire, which consumed part of the Automated Teller Machine (ATM) gallery of the bank, began at about 3:30 p.m., creating pandemonium within the business district of the Lagos suburb.
A combined team of fire fighters, police and other emergency workers battled to put out the fire but could not gain entry into the gallery through the doors. The fire fighters resorted to breaking the walls of the gallery through the PHCN office side of the bank.
The bank, which is located directly opposite the Ikotun Police Station, is bordered by PHCN office and Stanbic IBTC to the right and First Bank to the left.
The cause of the fire incident could not be immediately ascertained as most staff of the bank who gathered within the vicinity could only express shock and fear. However, there were speculations that the fire may have been caused by faulty electrical fittings.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.