I will return to fight Boko Haram — Injured soldier

Posted by Johnson Eyiangho | 4 September 2017 | 1,541 times

Gmail icon

•Nigerian troops on duty against Boko Haram terrorists.

 

Private Samuel Ernest, who is recuperating from an injury at the 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital, Maiduguri, says he will go back to the front-line to continue the fight against the terrorists.

“After my treatment, if I am fit enough, I will go back to the bush (the front-line), in order to continue the operation against the Boko Haram terrorists.

“I am feeling better now. I can now use crochets and put my feet down,” Ernest told newsmen at a get-together organised for wounded soldiers to celebrate the Eid-el-Kabir.

He said he was proud of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai and the army high command who identified with the injured during the occasion.

“I feel happy celebrating the Sallah. The Chief of Army Staff came to the hospital to see how we are faring and how we are being taken care of,” Ernest, who sustained injury six months ago, said.

Similarly, Private Titus Okon, who is also recuperating from injury on one of his laps after he was shot by the terrorists on May 21, expressed gratitude to God that he was getting better.

“I am strong enough. I am very grateful to the Chief of Army Staff, who is here to celebrate with us,’’ he said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the soldiers later took to the dancing floor to celebrate the occasion.

This was after the representative of the Army chief, Major General David Ahmadu, who is the Chief of Training and Operations, assured them that the army was committed to their welfare.

At Mafa, Staff Sergeant Saleh Jerico of the 112 Task Force Battalion, expressed gratitude to God that there were fewer threats to troops now than in previous years.

“Compared to two or three years ago, nobody could come here. We give glory to God for his intervention.

“Peace is being restored to Borno and the entire Northeast. Our earnest prayer is that God should sustain the peace.

“It is great for us — the troops — to witness the 2017 Sallah celebration,” Jerico said after he took part in a lunch organised by the Chief of Army Staff for troops.

Also, Lance Corporal Adamu Ali of the same battalion noted that Eid-el-Kabir celebration in Mafa in 2017 was better than that of last year in terms of security and peace.

“In 2016 here in Mafa, we were being ambushed by the terrorists. But there is nothing as such this year. We thank God for that.

“I wish my family happy Sallah. As they celebrate at home, we are also celebrating here in the frontline in Mafa.

“It is not my will to stay away from them, it is the nature of the job,” Ali said, and expressed readiness to continue with the ongoing clearance operation. (NAN)


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...