Posted by Garba Ahmed | 30 August 2017 | 1,605 times
A total of 71,000 Nigerian Muslims are expected to join over two million other Muslim nationals in performing this year’s hajj rites.
The exercise is expected to commence on Wednesday, with Arafat day on Thursday.
The Chairman National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), Barrister Abdullah Mukhtar disclosed this on Tuesday evening at the pre-Arafat stakeholders conference in Makkah.
He said the number is made up of about 65,000 pilgrims who came to the holy land through their various state Pilgrims Welfare Boards, while the remaining 16,200 came through independent private tour operators.
He called on all stakeholders to buckle up as the actual hajj rites are about to start and that all hands must be on deck to ensure a hitch free exercise, saying, no one should rest on his oars until when every pilgrim successfully carried out the hajj rites and safely returned to their loved ones.
He said NAHCON would not relent in her efforts to ensure that the pilgrims got the best possible services during the entire exercise.
“NAHCON has resolved to improve on whatever successes recorded and look for ways to correct mistakes observed so far.
“The changes the Commission made to ensure that pilgrims got value for their money have come to stay, vowing that no amount of threat, arm twisting, ill motivated criticism and real or imaginary hurdles would deter the Commission from her goals.”
The chairman however, said this does not mean that the Commission would not listen to genuine criticisms or advises that would add value to the Commission goals, but would certainly not bat eye on any misguided distraction.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.