Posted by Fortune Abang | 15 July 2017 | 1,749 times
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Saturday said it would henceforth ensure the resolution of all exam issues before releasing results of its Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), to avoid cancellation.
JAMB’s Head of Public Relations, Mr Fabian Benjamin, said this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Bwari, FCT, while speaking on the outcome of the mop-up examination results.
He disclosed that the results of supplementary examination conducted by the Board on July 1 in 170 centres for 85,000 candidates across the country had been released.
He explained that the result was delayed to ascertain there were no hitches all the centres that the supplementary exam was conducted.
“The results had been ready as usual; we release results two hours after examination; this delay was because we wanted to take our time to clear all issues.
“This is also to ensure that all the CCTV at centres we conducted mop-up examinations were adequately fixed; we do not want situation where we release results before thinking of cancelling it.
“What we want to be doing now as we have started with this mop-up examination, and will be doing in 2018, is to ensure all issues are resolved before releasing results.
“It is our view that there is no need rushing to release results; it is better to do whatever is supposed to have been done, before we release the results,” he said.
He urged candidates yet to receive their supplementary examination results, not to panic, saying that no result from the mop-up examination was outstanding.
He said that the breakdown of the 2017 UTME result could not be published at the moment since the Board was yet to conduct exam for foreign candidates.
“We are still writing exam and it will be unfair to publish the whole results when people are still writing.
“We just rolled out forms for foreign centres, so once we finish that, which is not going to take long, we will do the analysis and come to a conclusion,” Benjamin said.
NAN reports that 85,000 candidates of the 1.7 million enrolled for the 2017 UTME had registered late for the exam as a result of some challenges.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.