Posted by Garba Ahmed, Kaduna | 3 May 2017 | 1,888 times
The Kaduna State Security Council on Tuesday announced the lifting of the curfew in Jema’a and Kaura Local Government Areas of Southern Kaduna.
A 24-hour curfew was imposed two months ago, shortly after gunmen invaded different communities in the two Local Governments, within 24 hours, killing at least 14 people and destroying several properties.
The lifting of the curfew came barely two weeks after the launch of military operation, Harbin Kunama II.
Samuel Aruwan, Special Assistant to Governor Nasiru El-Rufai on Media and Publicity, said in a statement that the decision was taken at the State Security Council weekly meeting.
The curfew in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area had earlier been lifted.
“The curfew in two Local Government Areas in Southern Kaduna has been fully lifted.
“Today’s (Tuesday’s) meeting received and reviewed reports from the security agencies that pointed to improvements in the security situation.
“Therefore the Council upheld the security recommendation that the curfew be removed with immediate effect.
“The State Security Council expressed the hope that all communities in the area will embrace the opportunities offered by the improved security situation to make sustained moves for peace and harmony,” the statement said.
Speaking at the meeting, El-Rufai, tasked security agencies to maintain the tempo by ensuring security of lives and property throughout the state.
The Security Council Meeting, which was chaired by the Governor, had in attendance, Commander 1 Division Garrison, Nigerian Army, Brig-Gen Ismaila Isa, Commander 453 Base Services Group, Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Idi Amin, Representative of the Commandant, Nigerian Navy School of Armament, Capt. SM Ochidi, Commissioner of Police, Mr. Agyole Abeh, Director DSS, Tijjani Mohammed Wakil and heads of other security agencies.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.