Posted by News Express | 8 January 2017 | 1,539 times
Troops of the Nigerian Army have repelled an attack on Buni Yadi in Yobe State launched by members of the Boko Haram sect.
The attackers arrived the community at about 06:15p.m. on Saturday but were countered by troops in the area.
Casualty figure on Boko Haram terrorists is yet to be confirmed.
The military said it could not also confirm if there were casualties on the part of locals or forces.
The military had advised communities in the northeast to be vigilant, as members of the terrorist group chased out of their Sambisa forest bastion in the northeast could infiltrate communities and carry out attacks.
The military says the dislodgement of Boko Haram insurgents had forced the insurgents to flee in different directions.
It has, however, promised to repel any attack and counter any plan of the group to regroup in areas that had already been cleared.
The military has heightened efforts to end the over seven years campaign of the terrorists to establish an Islamic state and end Western education in the region.
Several communities, places of worship and schools have been destroyed while sever persons were taken hostage in the heat of the insurgency.
•Text courtesy of Channels TV.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.