A journey to any destination begins with the first step made out of bed. The word of God says in Psalm 24:1 that “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof the world and they that dwell therein.”
Your daily achievement is dependent on what God decides to give you based on the first step taken for the day.
The height you attain in life is better appreciated when you grow or develop the habit of acknowledging God Almighty by going on your knees for thanksgiving and fresh commitment for the day. Rise up into GOD’S GOODNESS AND FAVOUR for the day you can never regret. One bad habit one has to let go is prayerlessness. Another is leaving home hungry.
Eat or make the best use of foods in season as they are fresher and more nourishing. Healthy families travel far and safe.
DELICACY OF THE MONTH
In this edition, we shall be talking about a nutritious meal good enough for the entire family.
That meal is UNRIPE PLANTAIN POTTAGE
6 unripe plantain
Ripe palm fruits (1big Derica cup)
2 Dry fish or smocked fish
2 Spoons of crayfish or prawn
2 sizeable Onions
Scent and pumpkin leaves
Seasoning cube and salt to taste.
1. Wash palm fruits and boil till tender enough to be mashed or squeeze with bare hand.
2. Wash and peel the 6 plantain, dice 5 and slice 1 for thickening.
3. Grind pepper, onions and crayfish into a bowl.
4. Prepare fish and ponmo into a separate bowl
5. Squeeze palm fruits, mix with water and sieve the extracted liquid into the pot for cooking and bring to boil.
6. Pour the cut plantain into the pot containing the palm fruit extract and boil.
7. 10mins into boiling, add other ingredients except vegetables.
8. Allow to boil and thicken to desired porridge consistency add vegetables and season to taste.
9. Turn off heat, simmer and serve a family of five. DRINK ENOUGH WATER.
Avocados are rich in magnesium, which reduces muscle fatigue by 60%, replaces potassium (an electrolyte lost during exercise) than banana. Avocados are in season, make good use of them.