No retreat in war against Boko Haram inside Sambisa Forest: Defence Chief

Posted by News Express | 2 June 2016 | 3,296 times

Gmail icon


The Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, on Wednesday reaffirmed that the military would intensify its offensive in the Sambisa Forest in Borno State until the area was completely rid of Boko Haram terrorists.

Speaking at the inauguration of some projects at Navy Town, Ojo, Lagos, he said that the ‘Operation Crack Down’ recently launched into Sambisa was yielding positive results. “The operation is progressing and part of the benefits was the rescue of the two Chibok girls.

“The operation is ongoing and we will continue until we rid that place of all terrorists.”

Olonisakin said that Boko Haram had been decimated, adding that it had become increasingly difficult for the insurgents to carry out their nefarious acts. “We will continue to step up our game with the multinational task force.”

He commended the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral. Ibok Ibas on the project which were initiated to improve the welfare of personnel. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the projects inaugurated by the CDS were the refurbished Intensive Care Unit at Navy Reference Hospital, Ojo, as well as residential and administrative buildings.

•Photo shows Gen. Olonisakin.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...