Posted by News Express | 5 April 2016 | 2,895 times
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has announced the commencement of its 2016 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme. A statement by the NDDC Management issued in Port Harcourt said that the programme is part of the commission’s Human Resource Development initiatives designed to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
The statement explained that the scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with relevant Bachelor's/Master's Degree(s) from recognised universities in the following professional disciplines:
2. Medical Sciences (M.Sc. Public Health excluded)
3. Computer Science/Technology
6. Environmental Sciences
8. Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
9. Project Management
1. First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognised university.
2. Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a foreign University.
3. Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply.
4. Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant's community/clan.
a. Member of National Assembly
b. Chairman of the LGA.
c. First class traditional ruler.
d. High Court Judge
5. Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the award.
6. Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
7. Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University.
MODE OF APPLICATION
1. Application must be made on-line at the Commission's website:
( www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
i Recent passport photograph
ii Local Government identification letter.
iii Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
iv Relevant Degrees from recognised University.
v N.Y.S.C Discharge Certificate.
2. Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
3. Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
4. All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng )
5. For further enquiries please contact:
Director, Education Health and Social Services (NDDC)
Mobile: 08034534598; 084668158
All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, April 22, 2016.
•Photo shows NDDC Acting MD, Ibim Semenitari.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.