Posted by News Express | 2 March 2016 | 3,040 times
About 100 soldiers who were allegedly dismissed by the Nigerian Army last year for losing their weapons and operational base to Boko Haram insurgents in the North East on Wednesday protested their dismissal from the army.
The soldiers are demanding that the Nigerian Army obey the directive by President Muhammadu Buhari for their reinstatement since August 2015.
They also complained of not receiving their salaries since July last year, a situation they say has brought untold hardship to them and their families.
Some of them told journalists that their travails started after they were thoroughly scrutinized in September 2015 by an army investigative board led by the General Officer Commanding One Division, Major General Adeniyi Oyebade, and thereafter transferred to the Nigerian Army Training Centre (NATRAC) in Kontagora, Niger state for a pre-reposting training.
After the training, the soldiers said their names were omitted in the list of the over 3,000 that were re-instated, adding that nobody has been able to explain to them the reason for the omission.
Presently, they alleged that their families as well as personal property have been thrown out of the barrack following their dismissal.
The aggrieved soldiers, who said they were unjustly dismissed without any known offence and without the benefit of fair hearing are appealing to President Muhammadu Buhari and Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai, to intervene in the matter with a view to reinstating them.
The soldiers say they are willing and ready to serve the Nigerian Army and the country again if they are re-instated. (Channels TV)
•Photo shows some of the soldiers during court martial.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.