Posted by Nelson Dafe | 19 February 2016 | 2,348 times
Suicide bombers have killed at least 19 people and injured 50 others in an attack in Cameroon’s Far North Region.
Military authorities said two men walked into a market in the town of Meme on Friday and blew themselves up.
No one has claimed responsibility for the attack, but it was characteristic of the Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram.
Attacks blamed on the group have killed more than 1,000 people in northern Cameroon since 2013.
Cameroon participates in a regional force set up to fight Boko Haram. Earlier this week, Cameroon said its soldiers liberated the northeastern Nigerian town of Goshi from Boko Haram and killed more than 160 militant fighters.
According to the United Nations and Amnesty International, Boko Haram’s six-year insurgency has killed over 20,000 people, and displaced 2.5 million people. (VOA)
•Photo shows suicide bomber vest.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.