Posted by News Express | 18 November 2015 | 3,517 times
Two female suicide bombers have successfully attacked the mobile phone market in Kano, North-West Nigeria.
At least five people, including the two female suicide bombers, died in the blast, the police in Kano said.
A BBC report quoted Kano Police Commissioner Muhammad Musa Katsina as saying that another eight survivors were receiving treatment.
At least four other female suspects are being sought in connection with the attack, he said
An AFP report quoted eyewitness Suleiman Haruna as saying: “The market was typically packed with traders and shoppers.”
The report said it was not clear how many people had been affected but Mr Haruna said he “saw ambulances leaving the market.”
More than 1,000 people have been killed in Boko Haram insurgencies since President Muhammadu Buhari came to office on May 29.
He has given the military a mid-November deadline to defeat the militants.
•Photo shows the Kano GSM market after the suicide bombers struck.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.