Posted by News Express | 4 October 2015 | 3,013 times
The Nigeria Army on Saturday dismissed reports that soldiers were among casualties of Friday’s bomb attacks in Kuje and Nyanya areas of the FCT.
A statement issued in Abuja on Saturday by the spokesman of the Nigeria Army Guards Brigade, Capt. Bashir Jajira, said all the 17 casualties including the suicide bombers were civilians.
He said all the dead and injured persons in the two attacks executed by suspected Boko Haram insurgents had been taken to the Kuje General Hospital and the National hospital.
“At about 09:30 p.m. last night, two bomb blasts were recorded at Kuje, one near the Kuje Area Council Police Station and the other near the Kuje main Market.
“In Nyanya three lives were lost comprising two suicide bombers and one civilian died and three civilians were injured in the bomb explosion.
“In both incidents no casualty was recorded from the military.” (NAN)
•Photo shows Chief of Army Staff, Gen. TY Buratai.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.