Posted by News Express | 24 September 2015 | 3,978 times
The National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE) on Wednesday allayed fears that the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO) was planning to retrench some of its workers.
NUATE’s Assistant General Secretary Olayinka Abioye who made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos said there would be no retrenchment of workers by the company.
NAN reports that the labour group had on Sept. 14 written a letter to the Managing Director of NAHCO, Mr. Nobert Bielderman, alleging that the company was planning to sack some of its workers.
NUATE had also accused the firm of not giving priority to training and welfare of its staff.
Responding, NACHO in a statement by its Manager, Communications & Corporate Services, Mr. Tayo Ajakaye, debunked the union's claims as being pre-emptive and speculative.
However, Abioye told NAN that the issues between both parties had been resolved amicably following series of meetings.
“I can tell you that the issues have been resolved. We have reached an agreement with the NAHCO management and no worker will be retrenched.”
Abioye said NUATE would continue to protect the rights of aviation workers and collaborate with other stakeholders to take the industry to greater heights. (NAN)
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.