Posted by News Express | 15 September 2015 | 2,295 times
The Ondo State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) on Monday said it would issue a query to all teachers who failed to resume for the 2015/2016 academic session.
The Secretary of the board, Mrs. Olufunmilayo Oni, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Akure after monitoring resumption of schools for the new session.
Oni said that all absent teachers must give genuine reason for staying away from work on the first day of the academic session after a long holiday.
“We are sincere about questioning all those teachers that are not present today because we need to set good examples.
“If we from SUBEB can be out at this hour, no teacher should be left alone without correction.
“This is because being in school is the first primary assignment of a teacher.”
Oni also instructed the Head Teachers to ensure that schools' environment were kept tidy, urging them to liaise with their local government councils for acquisition of mowers for thorough clearing of bush.
She said that books in the libraries should be given to pupils to read instead of allowing them to rot away on the shelves.
In her assessment on the schools visited, she said that the turnout of pupils and response from the teachers was encouraging and commendable.
“From what we have seen so far, we appreciate what our teachers are doing and we can see that most of the schools are prepared for work.
“This is what we want them to keep doing.”
The schools visited were St. Paul's Anglican Primary School, Akure, St. Luke's Primary School, Akure, Alagbaka Estate Primary School, Akure and Special Primary School, Oba Ile.
Others were St. John Primary School, Oba Ile, St. James' Mega Primary School, Akure, Saint Paul's Caring Heart Mega School, Idanre, and Muslim Primary School, Idanre. (NAN)
•Photo shows Gov. Mimiko
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.