Posted by News Express | 14 September 2015 | 2,756 times
Four pilgrims from Bauch State in North-West Nigeria were yesterday declared missing by Alhaji Abullahi Maikano, the state’s Amirul Hajj.
He said the pilgrims, whose identities were not disclosed, had not been seen since the crane collapse incident that occurred on Friday in Macca, Saudi Arabia, claiming the lives of 107 pilgrims, including one from Nigeria (Kaduna State).
Chairman of the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON), Abdullahi Mohammed, on Saturday said three Nigerians were injured in the incident.
“So far, we have identified three people that sustained injuries and they are receiving adequate medical care by the Federal Medical Team in the kingdom.”
Alhaji Mohammed disclosed that about 53,800 Nigerians have been airlifted into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the 2015 Hajj with about 12,000 still awaiting airlift. “It is our hope and desire that we will finish the operation on or before 17th of this month, which is the official date for the closure of Jeddah airport,”
•Photo shows pilgrims praying at Macca
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.