Posted by Garba Ahmed, Macca, Saudi Arabia | 13 September 2015 | 4,573 times
A Kaduna State pilgrim has been confirmed to be among the 107 killed in Friday’s crane tragedy occasioned by a thunderstorm at Ka’aba in Macca, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Spokesperson of the Kaduna State Task Force on Hajj, Hon. Saidu Adamu, said today in Macca: “NAHCON has confirmed the death of one Alhaji Adamu Shuaibu Kargi from Kubau Local Government Area of Kaduna State among the 107 as a result of the collapse of a crane due to strong windstorm in the Holy Mosque in Macca.”
NAHCON means National Hajj Commission of Nigeria.
Authorities in Saudi Arabia had earlier on Saturday confirmed that 107 people died in the tragedy in Makkah.
Ahmad Al-Mansouri, the spokesperson for the Presidency on the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, said at least 107 people were dead and another 238 were injured.
•Photo by Garba Ahmed shows pilgrims worshipping close to ongoing renovation scene tragic crane collase of expansion area of Ka’aba.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.