Posted by News Express | 19 August 2015 | 2,296 times
Nigeria’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has hailed the willingness of countries around Nigeria to end insurgency in the region.
The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Ambassador Bulus Lolo, gave the commendation on Tuesday in Abuja on Tuesday.
Ambassador Lolo told foreign affairs reporters that the Multi-National Joint Task Force was in full swing, with the entire command of the military relocated to crucial areas.
He said that the on-going partnerships were encouraging and showed the determination to cap the activities of insurgents
“The Multi-National Joint Task Force with its headquarters in N’Djamena is functional.
“You know that only the last weekend, all our service chiefs led by the chief of defence staff for the first time moved into the war front.
“Hitherto and even in the history of the Nigerian Army, there have never have to relocate the entire command headquarters of the military to the war front but that had been done,” he said.
According to him, the development showed that the determination of President Muhammadu Buhari to bring Boko Haram to an end was not questionable.
He said that the decision also showed that Nigeria’s neighbours were willing to work with Nigeria, as the immediate ring around Nigeria was very important to the administration’s desire to end insurgency in the oil-rich nation’s north-east and other neighbouring countries.
“Security in this ring, including the Gulf of Guinea, is not negotiable.” (Channels TV)
•Photo shows Boko Haram terrorists
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.