Military denies killing of four soldiers in Nembe attack

Posted by newsexpress | 11 August 2015 | 2,524 times

Gmail icon


The military in Nigeria says no soldier died in the attack on locations of a Joint Task Force in Nembe Jetty in Bayelsa State thought to have been carried out by suspected oil bunkerers.

Earlier reports had put the number of casualties in the incident at five, claiming four soldiers and a police officer were killed in the attack.

The Director Defence Information, Colonel Rabe Abubakar, told reporters on Monday that the figure was not real and that, “the military did not suffer any casualty in the incidence.”

He said that six persons had been arrested and were being interrogated over the incident.

According to Colonel Abubakar, condone and search exercise was ongoing in the general area covering Nembe in the southern Nigerian state.

The Defence Headquarters, on August 8, confirmed the attack on the military formation in Nembe Jetty, near Ogolomabiri Community.

The suspected oil bunkerers attacked the location on Friday night.

In a statement on Saturday, the Defence Headquarters said that, “the Joint Task Force Operation PULO SHIELD has moved into action to arrest and apprehend the perpetrators of these unpatriotic and callous attacks.

The military said it would deal decisively with anybody or group involved in the incident and similar acts of attacks or sabotage on the nation’s economy.” (Channels TV)

•Photo shows Gen. Buratai

 


Source: newsexpress

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...