Eid El-Fitr durbar cancelled in Zazzau

Posted by News Express | 16 July 2015 | 3,362 times

Gmail icon


The Zazzau Emirate Council in Kaduna State has cancelled Eid-El-Fitr Sallah durbar in sympathy with Zaria bomb blast victims.

The cancellation was announced by Alhaji Ibrahim Aminu, the Wazirin Zazzau, at the Emir's palace in Zaria on Wednesday on behalf of the emirate.

Aminu said the Emir of Zazzau, Dr Shehu Idris, ordered the cancellation of the dubar.

He added that ``I wish to state that the Emir of Zazzau, Dr Shehu Idris has ordered that the Eid-El-Fitr traditional durbar be cancelled.

``This is as a result of the ugly incident of bomb blast that occurred at Sabongari Secretariat last week; it is highly unfortunate that many people lost their lives.

``His Royal Highness prayed God Almighty to give the families of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss and prayed for God's intervention in all spheres of our lives,’’ he said. (NAN)

Photo shows: Emir of Zaria

 

 


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...