No plan to attack Zaki Biam, says Military

Posted by News Express | 11 June 2015 | 3,471 times

Gmail icon


The people of Zaki biam, who fled their homes after an armed gang ambushed and killed a soldier and police man recently, have been assured that there would be no reprisal attack on the community as rumoured in some quarters.

The military authorities in the locality have assured that while every effort was being made to track down  the armed gang that have been operating in the area before the incidence,  no civilian will be unduly harassed.

There had been apprehension in the community, following the incident which triggered a rumour of impending reprisal attack by the military.

“The people were therefore advised to return to their homes and normal activities as the troops are there for their protection,” Director of Defence Information, Major General Chris Olukolade, said yesterday in a statement.

An armed gang identified as Gana, which have been  operating along Zaki-biam/Katsina Ala road, had attacked the troops on patrol as they were on their way to respond to distress call from civilians in the town on Tuesday.

The gang which had reportedly been terrorising the community for some time, also made away with a number of items. Normalcy has been restored as the military and police patrol continue in the area.

•Photo shows Maj.-Gen. Olukolade.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...