Kidnappers of 4 Abuja residents demand N50m ransom

Posted by News Express | 15 March 2021 | 489 times

Gmail icon


 

By ABUBAKAR SODIQ ISAH

Kidnappers of four residents of Anguwar Hausawa in Naharati community in Abaji Area Council have demanded N50 million in ransom to release their victims.

Daily Trust had reported that gunmen, suspected to be kidnappers had in the early hours of Sunday, at about 1:am invaded some houses in Anguwar Hausawa and abducted four residents, identified as Abdullahi Umar, Abdulkarim Yusuf, Abubakar Umar and a 13-year-old Abdulrahman Isah.

The abduction led to the killing of two kidnappers by a combined team of the police and vigilante in a shootout in an attempt to foil the kidnapping.

Relative of one of the kidnapped residents said contact has been established with the kidnappers.

He confirmed the kidnappers’ demand for N50 million in ransom.

“In fact, just about an hour ago, they called back again after intensive negotiation as they brought the ransom down to N10 million, even as we still told them that we don’t have such money,” said the relative, who did not want to be named.

He said, though, negotiation was still ongoing with the kidnappers.

Another relative of one of the kidnapped victims, who also preferred anonymity, said the family was devastated over the abduction of their son.

‘Just last year September, that his younger brother was abducted and now they came back and abducted his senior brother,” he said.

He said” I had to dispossessed some of my valuables and other assets to raise ransom when his younger brother was abducted last year, ” he added.

The spokesperson of the FCT police command, ASP Maryam Yusuf, was yet to pick calls or reply to text messages sent to her to confirm the ransom ransom. (Daily Trust)


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...