Posted by News Express | 26 December 2020 | 1,974 times
The Society of Young Nigerian Writers (SYNW) has called on young Nigerian poets to submit their poems in the on-going compilation/collation of poems in honour of former Education Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a former President of the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), Prof. Jerry Agada, who died recently at the age of 68 at the Federal Medical Centre, FMC Makurdi.
A press statement issued and signed by SYNW President, Wole Adedoyin, described the deceased as a “Mentor and Father to many young writers across the country and energetic, dogged and a committed writer and book promoter who used his political positions to fight for the rights of Nigerian writers.”
“The collation of the tribute poems,” according to Adedoyin, “will be part of efforts initiated by SYNW to immortalize Prof. Jerry Agada.
1. Only one entry is allowed per entrant (Poem).
2. Only works revolving around Prof. Jerry Agada will be accepted.
3. Entry must be written in English Language
4. Entry should be brief: a maximum of 40 lines for poetry
5. Author’s information –Name, age, gender, location, phone number, school, permission to publish your work in one or two sentences, and a short bio of no more than 40 words should be included in the submission.
6. Entry must be type-written and sent in the body of the mail; NOT AS AN ATTACHMENT. Entries sent as attachment will be automatically disqualified.
7. Entry must be the original work of the entrant. Any indication of plagiarism leads to disqualification and must not be published in any other anthology(ies)
8. All entries should be sent on or before January 15, 2021. Late entries will be disregarded.
9. Entries should be submitted to: email@example.com and also copy firstname.lastname@example.org
10. The subject of the email should be ‘POETRY ANTHOLOGY IN HONOUR OF PROF. JERRY AGADA
Please note that only works that comply with the submission guidelines will be selected and published.
1. All successful and shortlisted entries will be published in the proposed Prof. Jerry Agada Poetry (Electronic) Anthology.
2. Certificate of participation will be awarded to all entrants.
3. Certificates of excellence will be awarded to only the shortlisted/published entrants.
4. Automatic/free membership and admission into the Society of Young Nigerian Writers for the published entrants.
No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.