Service Reflective Tariff, path to improved service delivery, customers’ experience — EEDC

Posted by News Express | 28 September 2020 | 747 times

Gmail icon


 By CHARLES IWUOHA      

 

The Enugu Electricity Distribution (EEDC) has assured her customers that the recently implemented Service Reflective Tariff is a positive step towards sustained and improved service quality and customer experience.

EEDC further explained that the impact of the review in tariff only applies to 30% of her customers who fall within Bands A, B and C, while the remaining 70% that belong to Bands D and E are not affected by this development.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Head, Corporate Communications, EEDC, Mr. Emeka Ezeh, and issued at the weekend.

He called on customers to avoid wastages and imbibe energy management culture as a smart way of reducing expenses on electricity bill; stressing that the tariff is designed to improve efficiency in the sector and deliver quality service to customers.

“Energy management is a sure way to go. If we keep wasting energy, we spend more and end up depriving those customers that need it the opportunity of having it,” Ezeh added.

Customers can conserve energy by ensuring all appliances are turned off when not in use and by using energy saving bulbs and appliances because they consume less energy and saves money.

EEDC had recently announced the implementation of the new service reflective tariff which took effect on September 1, 2020, in compliance with the Order by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) dated August 27, 2020.

The new tariff, which is a reflection of the service quality now have customers classified into three major clusters, namely: Non-MD, MD-1 and MD-2, with five distinctive bands (A-E) created to reflect the various service levels and minimum hours of power supply.

Customers in Band A are to enjoy daily minimum supply of 20 hours, those in Band B minimum of 16 hours, “Band C” minimum of 12 hours, Band D minimum of 8 hours, while those in Band E are expected to enjoy minimum daily supply of 4 hours.

The tariff for customers in Bands D and E remains frozen, until their service quality is improved upon. It is only then that they will be migrated to the Band that suits their supply availability.

Ezeh further stated that the postpaid customers within the affected bands will experience the impact of the new tariff in their October bill, which is for energy consumed in the month of September, while it will impact on prepaid customers as they purchase their token.


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...