Woman, house boy die in their sleep

Posted by News Express | 16 July 2020 | 3,043 times

Gmail icon


 

By PAMELA EBOH, Awka

A 65-year-old woman, Obiageli Ezeuboaja, and her house boy, one Chikamso (surname unknown) aged about 12, have reportedly died in their sleep following suspected smoke inhalation in Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia, Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.

It was gathered that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather and left all the windows closed and without ventilation.

The bodies of the deceased were discovered by the husband to late Mrs. Ezeuboaja.

A statement on Wednesday by the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Haruna Moammed, said: “Today being 15/7/2020 there was a report at Aguata Police Station by one Bernard Ezeuboaja ‘m’ of Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia in Anambra State that on the same date at about 9am, he discovered that his wife one Obiageli Ezeuboaja ‘f’ aged 65 years old and her houseboy, never woke up from sleep since the previous night. As a result, he opened the door and discovered their lifeless bodies.

“Following the report, Police detectives attached to Aguata division visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical attention but they were all certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor.

“Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased set a charcoal fire in order to warm the room due to cold weather leaving all the windows closed and without ventilation.

“Meanwhile, the charcoal container was recovered as exhibit while corpses deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.”


Source: News Express

Readers Comments

0 comment(s)

No comments yet. Be the first to post comment.


You may also like...