Fidelity bank banner Bayelsa State banner
Fashola approves N133m compensation for 5 Abia communities

By News Express on 19/05/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+

Views: 707

•Minster of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola.
•Minster of Works, Power and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola.

 

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, has approved the payment of N133 million compensation to Abia communities for land acquired for the construction of a trailer park on Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.

The Federal Controller, Federal Ministry of Works, Mr Chukwudike Nwankwo, spoke in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday during the minister’s inspection of the rehabilitation work on the Okigwe end of the expressway.

Nwankwo said the ministry would commence the disbursement of the fund to the five communities in Umunneochi Local Government Area where the land for the project is located.

“The minister has given approval for the payment of compensation of about N133 million. It is a very large parcel of land involving about five communities

“We will commence the disbursement soon and once we are through, the construction of the park will start.”

Nwankwo further said the minister had directed the immediate evacuation of the trailers from the two sides of the dual carriageway to allow for free-flow of traffic.

He said that the ministry would also fence off the cattle market from the expressway.

The controller commended the minister for attracting additional budgetary allocation which had made progress of work on road rehabilitation projects nationwide possible.

Heavy-duty trucks, trailers and the cattle market had spilt into the dual carriageway and hampered smooth traffic flow.

Earlier, Mr Fouad Sarraf, the Area Manager, SETRACO Nig. Ltd., the contractor, complained that work was stalled at Lokpanta due to the overflow of the cattle market into the road and the presence of heavy duty truck.

Addressing newsmen at the end of the inspection your, Fashola expressed delight that the use of SUKUK fund had brought tremendous progress on the project.

He said the ministry would apply for another intervention from SUKUK so that more money would be made available to the contractors to ensure the completion of the project before the next rainy season.

He said more than 40 per cent of the job had been done by SETRACO and hoped that one side of the dual carriageway would be completed and opened for traffic before December. (NAN)

Source News Express

Posted 19/05/2018 12:56:58 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+


 

CLASSIFIED ADS

 

You may also like...
Anambra Guber: Obiano is our authentic candidate —...

FG establishes website, reactivates YouTube

Stop running from Boko Haram; defend yourselves —Emir...

Army raises alarm, alleges campaigns of calumny on...

Female CEO hailed as ‘next Steve Jobs’ charged...

Dangote Foundation spends N200m to rehabilitate Kano Specialist...

Nigerian Idol: Fierce battle begins as show enters...

Anambra Election Petition Tribunal begins sitting Tuesday (Feb....

Food disease claims over 172 lives in South...

Activists spoil for war with IGP over continued...

Over 20 APC senators soon to join PDP...

Nigerian Navy raids illegal refineries in Warri, dismisses...

 

Latest News Nigerian rights group proposes agenda for permanent peace in the Middle East •Details of its “two-lands-in-one-state” solution Rescue team vows to find body of missing Army General 2019: Lagos APC ward chairmen endorse Sanwo-Olu No peace as long as any section of Nigeria is being treated as second class citizens — Turaki Widow bites 8-year old house help, lands in police net Why Gov. Yari cannot anoint a successor, By Ahmed A. Ahmed APC shifts presidential primary Ghana to deport 72 Nigerian ladies Day Delta Central stood still for Okowa, PDP LG Chairman escapes kidnap as bandits abduct 7 in Zamfara Osun election: APC blasts PDP for claiming victory 2019: Bauchi Govt. dismisses Pate’s claims, defends State APC’s adoption of Gov. MA Abubakar, President Buhari

 

Most Read NUDE PHOTO OF OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE surfaces online (396,773 views) Nigerian female sex addict opens up, says ‘I like it with both men and women’ (376,870 views) Shameless Genevieve Nnaji exposes breasts in public (308,675 views) Finally named: The full list of friends of Nigerian female sex addict who prowled Facebook (250,724 views) OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU (the one who called himself God) IS DEAD (232,425 views) Igbo scholar disgraces Femi Fani-Kayode •Demolishes claims on Igbo/Yoruba history with facts and figures (221,724 views) Breaking News: POPULAR REVEREND CONVERTS TO ISLAM in Kaduna (Nigeria) (200,182 views) OBJ’s son reported dead in Lagos plane crash •Names of more victims emerge (181,743 views) My wasted years in Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood (165,826 views) THE FINAL DISGRACE: Igbo scholar unleashes more facts about Igbo/Yoruba history, finishes off Femi Fani-Kayode with second article (163,423 views) Lagos plane crash: Journalist releases victims’ names (158,219 views) Gunmen kill ASP, 2 other police officers in vain bid to kidnap Rivers PDP chieftain (146,953 views)

 

Categories Advertorials (3) African Press Organisation (81) Art & Literature (63) Business & Economy (3,626) Business Verdict (52) Columnists (933) Complaints & Requests (94) Enterprise & Opportunities (207) Entertainment (547) Features (653) Global Business Monitor (301) International (2,432) Interview (165) Live Commentary (28) Love Matters (144) News (39,097) Opinion (1,110) Pidgin (11) Politics (6,726) Religion (872) Sports (1,703) Stock Watch (34) AMA & Al Jazeera Global Update

 

CBN banner

Firstmobile banner

 

 

NEWS EXPRESS TV

Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin: Highlights

 

APO Group Partner

 

 

CLASSIFIED ADS

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member

 

 

Africa Media Agency and Al Jazeera

Advertisement