Fidelity bank banner Bayelsa State banner
Arewa youths order Igbos to leave the North •Also tell northerners in South-East to return home

By Sola Ojo, Kaduna and Molly Kilete, Abuja on 07/06/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+

Views: 4,101


South-Easterners residing in the North have been given three months to leave the region.

Several groups under the aegis of Coalition of Northern Youths (CNY), which rose from a joint meeting in Kaduna, yesterday, also ordered northerners in the South-East region to immediately start returning to their various states.

The coalition which included the Arewa Citizens Action for Change, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Arewa Youth Development Foundation, Arewa Students Forum, Northern Emancipation Network, Northern Youth Vanguard, Northern Youths Stakeholders Forum, the North-East Assembly among others, said the declaration was necessitated by the sit-at-home ordered by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) which shut down social and economic activities in major cities and towns in the South East on May 30.

Mallam Abdulazeez Suleiman who read the statement tagged “Kaduna Declaration” at the popular Arewa House Kaduna said the North was tired of the 1914 Amalgamation that joined the Southern and Northern protectorate that birthed Nigeria.

“We are hereby placing the Nigerian authorities and the entire nation on notice, that as from the 1st October, 2017, we shall commence the implementation of visible actions to prove to the whole world that we are no longer part of any federal union that should do with the Igbos.

“From that date, effective, peaceful and safe mop-up of all the remnants of the stubborn Igbos that neglect to heed this quit notice shall commence to finally eject them from every part of the North.

“And finally, all authorities, individuals or groups are hereby advised against attempting to undermine this declaration by insisting on this union with the Igbos who have thus far proved to be an unnecessary baggage carried too far and for too long.”

The CNY said all northern civil society and pressure groups had been mandated to mobilise for sustained and coordinated campaigns at their respective states.

According to the statement: “The persistence for the actualisation of Biafra by the unruly Igbo of South-Eastern Nigeria has lately assumed another alarming twist which involved the forceful lockdown of activities and denial of other people’s right to free movement in the South-East by the rebel Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and its overt and covert sponsors.

“This latest action and similar confrontational conducts which amount to a brutal encroachment on the rights of those termed as non-indigenous people residing and doing lawful businesses in those areas illegally demarcated and defined as Biafra by the Igbo, are downright unacceptable and shall no longer be tolerated.”

The statement read further: “The Igbo people of the South-East, without remorse for the carnage they wrought on the nation in the 1960s, are today boldly reliving those sinister intentions connoted by the Biafran agitation that led to the very first bloody insurrection in Nigeria’s history.

“Emboldened by the apparent indifference of the Nigerian authorities, the Igbo secessionist tendency is widening in scope and action at every stage, with adverse effects on the law-abiding people of other regions residing in or passing through the East, while the Igbo leaders and elders by their utterances and direct action or inaction appear to support and encourage it.

“This is happening irrespective of the undisputable fact that Igbos have done and are doing more damage to our collective nationhood than any other ethnic group; being responsible for the first violent interference with democracy in Nigeria resulting in a prolonged counter-productive chain of military dictatorship.

“It is on record that since the inception of the current democratic dispensation, the Igbos have shown and maintained open contempt and resentment for the collective decision expressed by majority of Nigerians at various stages via generally acceptable democratic processes.

“While these provocative acts of aggression persist and grow in dimension with each new move, leaders of the North whose people are at the receiving end of the threats, appear helplessly unperturbed.

“Without pursuing a resolute action-plan, these northern leaders have adopted and have been dragging its people into a pitifully pacifist position in order to sustain an elusive national cohesion that has long been ridiculed by the Igbos.

“From today, June 6, 2017, when this proclamation is signed, the North, a critical player in the Nigerian project, hereby declares that it will no longer be disposed to coexisting with the Igbos and shall take definite steps to end the partnership by pulling out of the current federal arrangement.

But, the Nigeria Police has denied knowledge of the threat from the northern youth groups.

“We are not aware. It happened in Kaduna. So, please contact the Police Command there,” Force Public Relations Officer, Moshood Jimoh told Daily Sun, in Abuja, yesterday.

When contacted, Alhaji Alhassan Miyere, ACF publicity secretary, said the body would speak on the issue today.

•Text courtesy of Daily Sun. Photo courtesy of The Guardian shows President, Northern Emancipation Network, Abdul-azzez Suleima (left); President, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Shettima Yerima and North Central Coordinator, Arewa Citizens Action for Change, Mohammed Eneji Abdulhamid, at the presentation of a joint paper on the Igbo’s persistence for secession in Kaduna … on Tuesday.

Source News Express

Posted 07/06/2017 05:48:53 AM

 

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon Share on Google+


 

CLASSIFIED ADS

REVEALED: 3 natural ways to get stronger erections, last 25 minutes on bed, and increase manhood size without using drugs. Also, Natural Prostrate Enlargement Remedy.. Get In HERE...

 

You may also like...
Corps members protest non-payment of state allowances in...

No BVN, no salary, Sokoto tells workers

Minister challenges Set Top Box manufacturers: Give us...

PR guru faces jail after being found GUILTY...

Troops, security operatives flood Kaduna •Govt. releases security...

FG, 6 states meet over sustainability of International...

BiafraExit: How necessary?

Tinubu, Ambode, Lai Mohammed, Saraki, others to receive...

FG sues Anambra Govt. for N50 billion

Group accuses Aregbesola of mismanagement of resources, says...

Police arrests 30 youths over land dispute in...

Deportation fireworks: Fashola beats retreat, reopens Orji Kalu’s...

 

Latest News Presidency: 2019 is for major game-changer, By Charles Adeyinka Playing chess with human lives, By Ekene Odigwe R-APC will leave APC, with or without Saraki – Baraje PDP chieftain shot dead in Lagos during meeting Police dismiss 4 SARS operatives for robbery, other crimes Boko Haram invades Chad, slaughters 18, kidnaps 10 women Dasuki: ‘Buhari misled by northern cabals’ Police arrest five PDP chieftains over killing of LG chairman JAMB remits N7.8bn as examination surplus Dickson urges stronger unity in Osun PDP before guber polls Fears of arrest, abuse by Govs may kill State Police Bill – Sen. Ibrahim 2018 Budget: Minister replies HEDA’s FOI request on inserted projects

 

Most Read NUDE PHOTO OF OMOTOLA JALADE-EKEINDE surfaces online (363,985 views) Nigerian female sex addict opens up, says ‘I like it with both men and women’ (359,417 views) Shameless Genevieve Nnaji exposes breasts in public (287,849 views) Finally named: The full list of friends of Nigerian female sex addict who prowled Facebook (236,134 views) OLUMBA OLUMBA OBU (the one who called himself God) IS DEAD (215,613 views) Igbo scholar disgraces Femi Fani-Kayode •Demolishes claims on Igbo/Yoruba history with facts and figures (213,066 views) Breaking News: POPULAR REVEREND CONVERTS TO ISLAM in Kaduna (Nigeria) (187,244 views) OBJ’s son reported dead in Lagos plane crash •Names of more victims emerge (169,239 views) THE FINAL DISGRACE: Igbo scholar unleashes more facts about Igbo/Yoruba history, finishes off Femi Fani-Kayode with second article (156,660 views) My wasted years in Olumba Olumba Obu’s Evil Brotherhood (153,438 views) Lagos plane crash: Journalist releases victims’ names (148,215 views) Gunmen kill ASP, 2 other police officers in vain bid to kidnap Rivers PDP chieftain (139,284 views)

 

Categories Advertorials (3) African Press Organisation (81) Art & Literature (52) Business & Economy (3,365) Business Verdict (48) Columnists (890) Complaints & Requests (94) Enterprise & Opportunities (207) Entertainment (516) Features (616) Global Business Monitor (286) International (2,160) Interview (159) Live Commentary (28) Love Matters (127) News (37,359) Opinion (1,025) Pidgin (10) Politics (5,653) Religion (790) Sports (1,613) Stock Watch (33) AMA & Al Jazeera Global Update

 

CBN banner

Firstmobile banner

 

 

NEWS EXPRESS TV

Nigerian detainees send SOS from Osama prison

 

APO Group Partner

 

 

CLASSIFIED ADS

GOCOP Accredited Member

GOCOP Accredited member

 

 

Africa Media Agency and Al Jazeera

Advertisement